Sunday, August 20, 2006

Not As Planned

I so often forget to acknowledge God about the endeavors taking place throughout the course of my days. Tonight, sometime after writing the entry preceeding this one, Lauren called me asking why I wasn't at the fair. I could have gotten upset when she me told that everyone else was there, making me feel somewhat guilty. But I didn't. I just told her that I had not planned on going because I was planning on going to bed early, and also that I wanted to save money.

I had planned on going to bed early, having already brushed my teeth and washed my face. But Lauren called mainly to ask if I was interested in going to Wakelee School to play on the playground. If it was not to late by the time they left the fair, I would go. As it turned out, Lauren came to pick me up instead of me going to me up with everyone in my car. It wasn't too late. I had been online talking to Chels (we're gonna be roomies!) about our room situation, like who was bringing what, when Lauren pulled up in the jeep. Charlene, Caitlin, Chris, and Ashley were also with her. We headed to the playground. Upon arrival Cait, Chris and I ran over to the merry-go-round. Chris would push us around before jumping on himself. It was fun.

Then we went to the swings where everyone else was. Corey, Matt, and Erik showed up soon after. Someone's cell phone rang. It was our wonderful Italian friend, Donato. He needed someone to pick him up from work. I offered to get him in my car because my house was closer to the school, as long as someone went with me. Cait and Chris went with me. An old friend from high school was just getting there so we had him drop us off at my house. We were then on our way to Southington, to the bowling alley where Donato works. It took a little while to get there, but he was thankful for the ride. His car had broken so to get to work he walked. I don't know if he was kidding or not, but if he did indeed walk... well, that's a LOOOOOONG walk!

The whole way back was very humerous to me as Chris and Donato argued about the proper way to make a fish tank out of an old computer monitor. [Chris has taken it upon himself to turn an old computer monitor he has into a working fish tank so he can bring it to school.] They argued about what kind of fish to get and how many. [They are rooming together this year.] Donato said he wanted three or four "Nemo" fish, while Chris didn't want that many of the same fish. The conversation went through various stages. From the building of the tank, to the purchasing of fish, to using silicon. They debated over whether or not silicon is poisonous to fish. I was cracking up listening to the way they argued their points to each other. For example, when it came to the silicon debate, Donato insisted silicon was poisonous to fish while Chris argued that it wasn't. (I may not be getting the details right because I don't know what silicon is, or even if I'm spelling it right, but this is the gist.)
"It isn't poisonous! How is it poisonous?"
"Well, would you put your lips on silicon?"
"Yes! I would actually!"
That is just a piece of that conversation. I wish I could remember the rest of their bantering enough to put it hear, but I can't.

We got back to Wakelee to hang out for a bit by the monkey bars. Not staying too much longer, we said our goodbyes. I brought Caitlin and Donato to their homes before returning to mine. It was a short but pleasant evening with my friends. I did not have to go to the fair to hang out with them, nor did I have to spend any money. It was free fun, and probably more so than the fair would have been for me. And even though I didn't go to the fair, and even though I wanted to go to bed early, I thank God for giving me time with them and for using me to provide transportation for Donato and Cait.

And now, here I am, blogging once again only to finish after 1:00AM. Totally not a plan of my own, but it worked out nicely. However, I don't think it is the best idea for me to be eating ice cream this late, especially having covered it with chocolate syrup and Special K (there were no krispies or cheerios in the pantry :( so i made do). But, hey. I don't have much longer before I go back to school and put myself on a healthier diet. Might as well take advantage of one more late night. Tomorrow I continue packing. Fun. Anyways...

This has been another boring entry from... yada yada yada. Yeah, I know. Alyssa, go to sleep!

No comments: