Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Motherland (and I don't care if it's two words; this is my story)

I'm working on a really big entry at the moment (well, not THIS very moment, but it's a work in progress). It will still be a while before I get it up, and so in the meantime, and while I'm lacking the motivation to go to bed at this hour, I have decided to post this entry to keep you loyal blog checkers entertained. Though, it is rather ridiculous.

The Motherland

The motherland! She is coming from a far away place. She has unhinged herself from the borders of soil and rock, and she is escaping to the freedom where we reside. But the waters are tricky, they are. Will they allow her to float, or will she sink like nickles tossed to the fountains?

Behold! She is running swiftly, skipping over the seas in great triumph. And you might ask yourself, How might a land mass be running over the sea, or running at all for that matter? I tell you she was well prepared over the centuries, plotting her course. The motherland is alive and well! And so she has sprung the apendages needed for such a journey.

Cross the seas so blue she comes. We see her now in the distance, growing larger in our perception. She is oh so lovely! We have flowers ready for her arrival. She is nearly here! Motherland, I have missed you! I shout these things to her as she nears the shore.

She will be staying here with our new homeland. We know they will be friends. We have discussed it before. She will be free, and she will be together with us once more. And now she is upon the shore!

But wait! She was not to keep going passed the ocean's edge, but I understand her wanting, her sense of adventure. I gaze up at you, my motherland, full of birds and beasts, full of fruit and farm land. How awesome your size! You have come now to be with us! Oh, motherland, you tower above me! And what massively jagged feet you have!

*SQUISH!*

end

Yeah, I'm tired now. Good night.

No comments: