Thursday, May 18, 2006

God Is In Control

"So what I'm not your average girl
I don't meet the standards of this world
Chasing after boys is not my thing
See I'm waiting for a wedding ring

No more datingI'm just waiting
Like sleeping beauty
My prince will come for me
No more dating I'm just waiting
'Cause God is writing my love story

Boys are bad that's certainly not true
'Cause God's preparing one for you
If you get tierd waiting till he comes
Gods arms are the perfect place to run

Sleep that's the only thing
For me 'cause when I sleep
God's preparing one for me"

-Barlow Girl "Average Girl"


*sigh* I wish I knew who God was preparing so I didn't have it on my mind so often. I guess it's gonna be a while. Still, I really miss cuddling... "Oh, God! You have to save me. You're my last and only hope..." (-Barlow Girl "on my own").

"My hands hold safly to my dreams
Clutching tightly not one has fallen
So many years I've shaped each one
Reflecting my heart showing who I am
Now you're asking me to show
What I'm holding oh so tightly
Can't open my hands can't let go
Does it matter?Should I show you?
Can't you let me go?

Surrender, surrender you whisper gently
You say I will be free
I know but can't you see?
My dreams are me.
My dreams are me

You say you have a plan for me
And that you want the best for my life
Told me the world had yet to see
What you can do with one
That's committed to Your calling
I know of course what I should do
That I can't hold these dreams forever
If I give them now to You
Will You take them away forever?
Or can I dream again?"

-Barlow Girl "Surrender"

"Broken heart one more time
Pick yourself up, why even cry
Broken pieces in your hands
Wonder how you'll make it whole

You know, you pray
This can't be the way
You cry, you say
Something's gotta change
And mend this porcelain heart of mine

Someone said "A broken heart
Would sting at first then make you stronger"
You wonder why this pain remains
Were hearts made whole just to break

Creator only You take brokenness
And create it into beauty once again"

-Barlow Girl "porcelain heart"


I miss being with someone, but I'm sick of heartache. I even hate it now maybe. Just gotta keep reminding myself how great and free and wonderful and... painful and lonely... it is to be single. But I trust God. And someone is coming for me. Mybe not today or tomorrow, maybe not even next year or in the next decade! But he is coming... and we will have kids and pets and a studio for me to make art inspired by the beauty of the world God made.

No comments: