Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Weekend is Here!

Obviously I haven't updated in a while. But everytime I have something to say lately, I'm either too tired/lazy or busy with other things and I've been trying not to get distracted as much by the blog which takes up a bit of time when I write in it. Well, it looks like I already mentioned something about all this in my last entry about not getting distracted and whatnot. So I guess I've been doing pretty well with it. Moving on!

This weekend is Easter weekend. I'm still at school right now and should be getting picked up sometime this afternoon. Until then I have a ton of drawing homework that's due Tuesday! On top of that, which is due MONDAY, I have 2D sketches that are gonna be getting critiqued. And of course 2D must be done in the most tedious, unnecessary way possible. What else awaits me as far as work this upcoming week? Let's see... Art history test, 3D, lots of research for RLC, and probably more drawing and 2D. And I'm already sick from not getting enough sleep this past week! Why can't private schools just be cool once in a while and aknowledge the religious holidays other than Christmas and Thanksgiving (which isn't even a religious holiday)? Ok now I'm just venting. Sorry.

In other news, last night was Hawkapella's spring semester concert. I got there probably earlier than I should have, but everytime I'm on time there are no good seats left. So I was there pretty early, but I brought some drawing to work on. At some point I saw CJ's parents, and it was good to see them again. We talked a bit before the show started. They told me how they were staying the night before taking CJ back with them. And I guess they are gonna have Thai food for Easter and see some dancing and stuff. Sounds like fun!
So then the show got going. Opening for Hawkapella were the Whims of Weaton College in Mass. They were an all girls acapella group. They were amazing! At the end they even sang "Jesse's Girl" which you would think should be sung by guys because of the lyrics, but then they totally pulled it off!

Finally, Hawkapella went on! They opened with "Mr. Roboto." The choriography was histerical! Let's see... they did the men song as always, with some new jokes and verses. They brought back "Prince Ali" because of popular demand I guess. Yay for popular demand! That was one that I always wanted to hear again, too! They did "Jump, Jive, and Wail" with Dave McWilliams doing his first solo. For it being his first time, he did totally awesome! And the guys who did the solo instrument parts were funny! Not funny bad! They did awesome too, it was just funny how they portrayed the sounds of horns and such! There were many other songs they did. They ended with a brand new 90's pop medley, starting with "Everybody" by Backstreet Boys, then cutting to Spice Girls' "Wannabe," then Britney Spears... i think it was "Hit Me Baby One More Time." The whole night was just crazy fun!!! Standing ovation and everything! So for the encore, they sang Jenny (8675309). Such a good show! I can't wait till next year!

So yeah... Not much else to say. Lucky for you if you're reading this! I'm off to eat and maybe get some work done! ttyl

Peace and love! And have a good Easter!

No comments: