Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Posse, the Prayer, and the One-Dollar Night

First thing's first:

Savage Living in Oklahoma Check out this woman's blog cuz she was nice enough to mention mine on her page and was cool enough to put the first comment ever on my blog! There's some very interesting stuff to look at, other cool blogs she's found. Those are worth a look as well.

It Is Better To Light A Candle This is one of the links I found on her blog to another blog. It's purpose is so awesome that you should check this one out, too!

Very Full Weekend:
Now I have to tell you about my day weekend! Friday night I had an awesome bible study meeting in a chat room with IVCF people that was scheduled for 9pm. Strangely enough, no one knew how to start it so I finally figured it out. Once everyone joined and we got going, there were many different convorsations going on at once and it was quite confusing. Plus, there were other people IMing me so it was hard to follow along sometimes and respond fast enough to what people were saying. Then my friend, Matt, just sort of came in my front door without warning. Apparently he was meeting my sister, Kaylee, and my friend/her bf, Corey, at our house. Only they were both at Corey's house, not where they said they would be. So I was talking to him for a bit while he waiting for them. Then more friends randomly showed up! Chris and Ryan(aka Stumpy), along with Kay and Cor. So I saved the chat convo and said bye to IVCF peeps and hung out with my semi-posse(there's a huge group of my friends at home that we call the posse). So then they were all gonna leave for a bit, but I talked Stumpy into staying to play Dynasty Warriors4 with me until they got back. So we played that for a while. Then Chris and Matt came back and we hung out and talked for a couple hours. Then Stumpy started saying stuff like "Hey, is it a sin to have sex in a church confessional?" or "What if the priest was on the other side?" but Stumpy is wierd like that, even though he's just joking. Then I was like okay, that was fine for a little while but this is getting annoying, so I told him to stop, which of course made him want to keep talking just to tease me. So he covered my ears, like the wonderful friend he is, and talked as loud as he could. To counter his attack, I burried my face into the couch, ears still covered, and started making high pitch sounds so I couldn't hear him. It was funny, too, because my dog was there and had no idea what I was making all those noises for. Then Stumpy was asking me some questions about Adam and Eve and some other questions pertaining to the Bible, some of which I didn't really know, but he didn't bite my head off for not knowing or harass me about it. So overall it was a cool and random Friday night.

Saturday, I had to go the mall to bring my phone to the Verizon people because, after spilling Full Throttle Energy Drink on it at school about a month ago, it stopped working properly. Well, actually, it worked fine as long as I didn't turn it off, because one I tried to turn it back on it wouldn't unless I took the battery out and put it back in, or if I put the charging chord in.
So I asked my sister, Emily, if she wanted to go. I also had a gift card from Christmas so I figured we could do a bit of shopping. Later she aked if her boyfriend could come also (oh yea. she said yes btw). I said he could, but then she wanted me to call another friend to go so i wasn't left as a third wheel.
Though I didn't mind, she insisted, so I called my friend Lauren. She was busy so I called Chris, even though I know he doesn't like the mall we were going. He said okay. So we picked up Nick, Emy's bf, and then got Chris. When we got to Chris' house, my cousin Joe was there too (he's dating Chris' sister Catherine, who is also Emy's friend...confusing but we're all friends and friends with each other's sibblings and cousins... nevermind ^_^).
Anyway, we all ended up going to the mall, me, chris, em, and nick in my car, and joe and cat in joe's car. Chris and I went to the Verizon place first as the others wandered off to do their own thing. I told the lady what the problem was (the part about the energy drink didn't come up really...) and she put a new battery in it. I tested it just in case, turned it off and attempted to turn it back on. It still didn't work!!! So I told her and she had me leave my phone there for about an hour.
In the meantime, Chris and I went to FYE to look at cd's. We saw our friends, Dave and Rob, there, too!!! So everyone got big hugs from me! Yay! I ended up getting the new Barlow Girl album which has the acoustic version of "Never Alone" and is one of my favorite songs!!! WOO HOO!!! I also got DC Talk, Everclear, and Alien Ant Farm with the 3 for $20 stickers on them, so that was cool.
Then the four of us went to Radio Shack to look at stuff (well... i just wanted to play the keyboard really). Then we went to the pet store cuz I wanted to see the cute animals and look at all the cool stuff. Oh! and i found this squeeky mouse cat toy that was a lot louder than i thought it was going to be so when i squeezed it, i jumped. haha! Awwwwwwwe! Kitties! Bunnies! Doggies! Keeeeeeeeeyyyyy-UTE!!! Then Chris and I went to get my phone. Apparently there was a keypad problem. They ended up giving me a new phone! FOR FREE!!! Verizon is the coolest just for that! So then Chris and I left, while Emily and Nick said they'd get a ride home with Joe. I brought Chris home and then went back to my house.
___Okay... this was the best part of my Saturday besides getting a free phone. I went to my church in Meridan with my friend Wayne, where there was a big worship/prayer night for all the teenagers from the youth groups from other churches in the area. It was pretty cool that our church was hosting it. And it was awesome to see the worship leaders come together and have this one big worship band! My youth pastor's wife was on guitar and vocals, her sister was on keyboard and vocals, one guy as lead guitar(all acoustics btw) and lead vocals, another guy on bass, and another guy on this big drumset. They totally ROCKED, and we all stood and clapped and sang and jumped around for God! We just lifted so much praise to Him that night that it was like Aquire the Fire all over, only with a lot less people and a lot less hours. Then we heard the message of God through the youth leader from one of the other churches. It was very good and based on what the event was supposed to be about, worshiping God and praying from the heart through God's will. Something like that. And he had an interesting story about when he was a teenager, before he was even a Christian, and how God was looking out for him enough to save his life (great story, but maybe i'll write about it more in detail sometime).
So then we had a nice time of prayer individually, then in groups with people we didn't know. It was so cool to hear how much of the same page everyone was on in prayer and thoughts of issues today that we face as Christians. I'm glad I'm not alone when it comes to those things, like being pulled in the direction of culture and peer pressure and whatnot.
___so that was my Saturday!

Sunday I couldn't get to church cuz of all the sleet and icy roads. And considering it's a half hour drive, my dad probably would've said no. But as much as I had been looking forward to it, I did not want to risk getting into an accident. So I didn't do much Sunday (yesterday) except clean out my drawers that I'm taking back to school. I did happen to go bowling that night, though, when the roads were better. I went with Wayne, his sis Niobe(pronounced: Nye-oh-bee), my youth pastor Rob, and his wife Mariah, to bowling where it was $1 night! shoes for a dollar, soda for a dollar, and games for a dollar each! I don't think I've ever seen that many people there before!

So that was my weekend! I'm actually not expecting anyone to read this. I just like keeping a sort of record of times like these, full-of-fun weekends and stuff. If you did read this... why? J/k thank you for your time and caring! It means a lot! Well, I'm off to bed now. It's been a long weekend... Take care!

Peace and love!

No comments: