Saturday, February 11, 2006

Lyme Disease

My cousin just called me with some bad/good news. She just found out she has Lyme Disease. For me I am saddened by this, but she is actually relieved by it. I'll explain.
She's been running her whole life and is in college now on an athletic, as well academic, scholarship. She is a very driven person, running every day of the week, and still getting her work done. She's basically obsessed with running. So for time now she had been running really poorly, and was lagging at practice and not making her times at all! She was so upset about it because she couldn't figure out what was wrong. When I talked to her over the winter break, she was still in the waiting process for blood work and tests. I remember her telling me that she hoped it was Lyme because it would explain what was wrong with her running. All I could think was "I hope you don't have it! You're family and I couldn't imagine you with a disease. I never would want that for you!" How could someone hope for a disease? But I understood where she was coming from. If she didn't have something, she would just keep stressing about her running.
So now that she found the cause of her problem, she feels a lot better. She's taking it all very well for someone who just found out she had a disease.

In other news...

Cj and I are doing very well. At Bible Study lately, we've been doing the worship songs together on guitar. Fun! And I get to learn new songs that way!

What else... oh, last night some of us watched The Iron Giant. Awesome movie! Very cute and I love how dynamic the character designs are! The animation is incredible and just...ah! the whole movie is so well done, and the story line, too. Humorous, emotional, and overall a great entertaining movie! Highly recommended if you haven't seen it, and even if you have, go see it again!

Well, I've got quite a bite of work ahead of me but... That's not really new. So I hope you have a great day!

Peace and Love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No body ever post any comments. It's like no one cares about Alyssa's blog. But I read this one so I will atleast comment about this one. Wow. Commented, done -Corey

P.S Iam coming up to see you thiss weekend YEAH

Anonymous said...

Just looking for ideas for my site. (While we're at the same topic), I'm just getting started if you want to visit:
pearl drums

Charles