Thursday, February 23, 2006

Happy Be-lated Valentine's Day!

To give you all a run down on what's been going since my last entry, I had an awesome Valentine's Day! I got back from the studio around 4:45 or so and CJ was already there. He was hanging out with Chelsea in her room so it was all cool. I took my shower of course cuz after paper mache-ing for about two and a half hours I felt pretty scrubby. So then I went and gave him his gift, which was a very sorry excuse for a Valentine gift but it was the best I could do. I got him a heart-shaped box of the ceramic kind that said "HUG ME" on it, and I put those chocolate Rollos in it. I had to wrap it in tissues with tape cuz being on campus with no means of getting off it meant I didn't have any real wrapping paper. :( But I did take the time to draw little red hearts on the tissue with a marker and make it look cute and Valentine-ish.
So I gave him that and he gave me a piece of paper with a message on it. It turned out to be the start of a very clever scavenger hunt. One clue would lead me to the next or tell me which of our friends to call for the next clue. Just the fact that he got outside involvement from friends was really cool. One clue even led to my suitemate Chelsea, who I had to hug in order to get a clue from her. For some clues I had to go on facebook, and some clues I had to really stop and think about cuz they were tricky with clever wording. In the end, I had to check CJ's Xanga (online journal) to find which date was a special day for us and repeat what happened as the last step. :)
So that was a lot of fun!
Then we went to dinner at the commons where they had awesome food that the rarely have! CJ was very excited about that because they had a lot of his favorite food like shrimp and good salad and stuff. He's was so cute! ^_^
After dinner, we headed to his dorm so he could give me an actual gift, even though I would've been perfectly happy had the scavenger hunt been the only thing he did. He gave me a white carnation (Yes, with a stem and everything!) and a can of those hazlenut-chocolate-cookie-stick things that look rolled up. Those things are soooooooo good! He had to go to class right after that so I went back to my room to work on stuff. But he had asked me online later if I would be in my room after midnight so he could give me a hug good night when he was done with Hawkapella. I said I probably would be. (I was somewhat suspicious of the question on specific timing, thinking maybe he had something else up his sleeve, but I pretended not to notice.)
Later that night, Chelsea, Craig and I went to prayer meeting in F-comp, or the basement of Craig's place. That was at 10:00. We finished up around 11:30 and Craig was like "Yea, we gotta be back in the room soon" (meaning our dorm). But then he was like "Nevermind we have time"
Chelsea and I looked at each other and started laughing. Craig obviously knew something we didn't. So that further added to my suspicions about CJ. And I had a feeling of what was gonna happen, but I didn't want to spoil the suprise for myself so I didn't push it.
So we got back to C-Comp. I went to my room to do some stuff, then played guitar some. It was getting to be about 1am so I was getting pretty tired and I had a 9:00 class in the morning. Finally, as I was playing guitar in my chair, there was a knock on the door. Chelsea answered it. I saw CJ first, then following him was Hawkapella! They were all like "Where's Alyssa" and such.
So they had me sit in the common room on a stool ( and there were a lot of other people there too, like our suitemates and their friends). They got together in their Hawkapella wayand sang the song "Til There Was You" to me, with Evan doing the verses. I must've had the biggest smile on my face cuz I was so happy! And just when I thought my night coughtn't get any better, CJ stepped forward and sang the last verse! I think I almost cried! He made me feel so special that day that I didn't even want to go to sleep! I gave him a great big hug after they were done and thanked them all for singing to me.
Then CJ came back a bit later cuz I was still up and we hung out for a bit. Then he tucked me in (not really "tucked me in") to bed and kissed my hand and I went to sleep. Awe... It was a wonderful sleep, too, filled with happiness...

So that was my Valentine's Day! *sigh...* I like CJ...

No comments: