Wednesday, August 01, 2007

My Clever Pets

I should be writing the paper and doing the discussion board topic, but I just realized how awesome my pets are.

My dog, Ruby, is so cool! She learned how to open the sliding screen door to the backyard. So she can let herself in or out. She hasn't quite gotten the hang of shutting it behind her, but it's still cool that she can open it. She first started opening it by the giant hole in the bottom of the screen, but now she just nudges the frame with her nose.

My cat, Rumpel, learned how to use the hole to his advantage, too. When he wants to come in or go out, he squeezes through it.

The other cat, Rogue, figured out how to open pretty much any door in the house by clawing at it with her "hand." She used to only be able to do it if the door was cracked ever so slightly, but now she can do it if the door isn't latched all the way. Sometimes I'll think the door is completely shut, so when she tries to open it I don't think she will. But no. She gets it open anyway.

My pets rock!

2 comments:

Still Daddy said...

Your pets DO rock! Except Rumpel. I can't stand Rumpel. Ruby's cool though, I just wish she'd learn how to close the door behind her. Someday soon, I hope...

Anonymous said...

Yes, they do rock! Wow, commenting on an old post, whoo!!!