Monday, June 19, 2006

Sushi-Movie Night

We've finally hit that humid summer weather, and I don't think this is as bad as it's going to get. At least we've opened our pool just in time! Nothing fancy like those in-ground heated pools, but a classic oval-shaped, above ground pool. It warms up on its own pretty well, too, because our backyard is in sun the sun pretty much all day. Anyways...

I'm hanging out with Adam in a few hours. We were gonna try to hang out over the weekend, but different things came up, so the soonest we could do it was today (Monday). Our plan, so far, is to get sushi, drive around my town so I can show him some important landmarks, and watch the original Superman movies with Christopher Reeve. I don't think we'll get through ALL five tonight, but our goal is to watch all five before the new movie comes out. I should be well-versed in my Superman movie knowlege soon enough!

I really like having Mondays off from work. I get to sleep in an extra day, prepare myself for whatever events might be coming up (tonight, for instance), and just reflect on the weekend passed. And Tuesday is such a nice start for my work week. It's not the very beginning of the week, but it's not too late in the week. I actually favor Thursdays and always have. They come right before Fridays and remind you the week is almost over. During school you can tell yourself, "Yes! It's Thursday! Tomorrow is Friday and I won't have to do my homework til the weekend. Today is the last day in the week that I absolutely have to to my homework right away." Then you finish feeling accomplished, ready for the lazy day that follows. *sigh* Yeah... Thursdays are where it's at. And now I don't get out of school on Fridays, cuz I'm done with school. Now I can say on Thursdays, "I get paid tomorrow!" Word.

Ok... I think I'm gonna go swimming. Or maybe running, then swimming. Or maybe neither. I dunno. I'll find out when I actually pull myself away from this computer and go outside to enjoy... the humidity.

Peace and love, kids. Peace and love...

1 comment:

Still Daddy said...

There are 4 Superman movies. And as we found out, only 2 are necessary to view for this summer's "Superman Returns". And, while our plans fell through because someone else had the same idea we did and rented "Superman" before we got to it, "Treasure Planet" was a good substitute and "The Thief and The Cobbler" was quite entertaining. Especially the thief.

And by the way...without looking at the map i remember how to get to at least two locations, perhaps all of them.

growl.