Friday, February 08, 2008

Can't Sleep

I went to sleep around 12am or 1am. I awoke around 3:something AM. The room above was booming with voices, and my head was swarming with thoughts. It still is. Nothing in particular, except maybe on tomorrow nights performance. The air is so dry here. For the past two years I've been telling myself to get a humidifier. Still nothing. I wake up all the time, unhealthily thirsty, on the verge of a coughing spasm because my throat is so parched. And with little aid from the water bottle awaiting its use on the stool beside my bed, I somehow manage to drift back into sleep. But only for a short time before waking up to answer nature's beckoning call.

Tonight, however, there has been no drifting back into sleep. It's 6:30 in the morning and I just haven't been able to sleep. So here I am, having given up trying to get comfortable for the past three hours, typing a blog entry about it.

It's still dry in here. I still can't sleep.

Other random musings...

The people upstairs are still awake. I thought about calling in a noise complaint, but in my consideration for others, I decided I didn't wanted to call the RA's at such an ungodly hour. Yes, I could argue that it's their job, but I'm not like that. I know they're students, too. And I don't have Friday classes so it's not entirely severe.

It snowed last night. I walked in it. It was pretty.

There's a kid in my acrylic class illustrating himself with a pickle for a nose. Ew! I hate pickles. And I thought that if there were some kind of life-or-death situation in which I had to eat a pickle, I would still have a really hard time doing it. I tried to eat a pickle for money once. That'll never happen again.

It's still really freaking dry in here. Water isn't helping. At all. One second of relief, then back to a mouth full of sand.

If all the world's a stage and all its people players, who's doing tech crew?

Well, it's definitely light out. Quarter 'til 7. Time for another attempt at adding sleep hours onto the only one or two I have.

Sigh.

No comments: