Friday, December 21, 2007

Watercolor

Okay... So I normally don't post my real artwork here because I don't want to seem show-off-ish, but I've had such a rough semester and today was the last day of it. And if I'm going to be an illustrator, I should probably start breaking the habit of being nervous to show my work.

Despite all my troubles with learning how to use watercolor, I did alright. My review went quite well this evening. Dennis even wants me to bring my work back next semester for photographing. And the final piece I did, my best piece of the four, he thinks has a chance in the Society of Illustrators competition. Could he be anymore encouraging!?

I wish I had a scanner and a better color correction program, but I don't. So the digital camera had to do. Doesn't really do the color much justice, but I tried to at least brighten them up a little so you can at least see them. They are in order of assignment. The last is the one Dennis liked the most.


Had to make an animal out of fruits and/or veggies. I think the carrot stems were my favorite to paint. Yay for dry brushing!


Had to recreate an old master's work and replace the head with that of an animal. I don't think I could have picked a more complicated piece. This was based off of Michelangelo's The Prophet Jeremiah from the Sistine Ceiling.


This assignment was to compose a scene from an opera. I chose Cosi Fan Tutte by Mozzart.


Finally, an egg. That was it. Whatever we wanted, but there had to be a recognizable egg in it. I did multiple eggs. And no, I don't know what it is. It hasn't hatched yet.

1 comment:

Still Daddy said...

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!